What were we tasked to do
- Set up a girls Rugby club run from the local secondary school getting girls playing rugby.
- Providing a pathway for Girls Rugby from playing rugby at school and after school clubs to playing @ a Rugby club
- Making a Satellite club sustainable and transitioning it to part of the local Rugby Club.
What did we deliver
- Over a two year period we delivered fun engaging rugby sessions for all levels and ability’s, getting girls enjoying playing rugby on a regular basis.
- The same coaches delivered sessions at local schools as well as at the satellite club, looking to highlight pathways for girls that had interests in rugby at school.
- From two attendees at the first session the satellite club grew to having 25 regular girls attending on a weekly basis.
- The satellite club was able to develop rugby players but also provide girls with opportunities to be involved in sport, a number of girls where highlighted for their work within the club with one player singled out by sport England with a Bronze award for her contribution to the club.
- The satellite club has now be made sustainable long term by now working alongside another coaching session run at the local rugby club, this has also meant the Girls are now a key part of the local rugby club playing regular fixture and bringing in its own revenue