Tom is currently undergoing his 15th year of Rugby. Through this period, he has experienced various levels of performance. From playing Junior rugby at Keighley Albion, he then went on to join Keighley RUFC. In his time at Keighley he has Captained the 2016/2017 season colts to an undefeated league season and led them to the final of the Yorkshire Plate competition. In the 2017/2018 season, Tom made his 1st team debut at a Yorkshire 1 Level, with Keighley at the age of 17. Through this season he was given the call up to Yorkshire Under 20’s, where he played a role in taking them to Twickenham, which led to the victory of the Under 20’s County Championship. For the 2020/21 season, Tom has now moved to Sandal RUFC, to continue challenging himself.
Outside of Clubs, Tom has also been involved with the Craven College Elite Rugby Academy, over the two years of involvement, the academy competed in two National 7’s Championships, and were privileged to play in the North 1 League for all colleges, competing against various Ace Academy Teams.
Whilst Playing, Tom has undertaken various coaching roles and been a part of many Inter-school’s competitions. Over the past two years, Tom has experienced coaching at a Juniors and a Mini’s Level. Boasting a wide span of Knowledge in the age range of Under 6’s to Under 15’s. Tom spent a large amount of time in Craven District Primary schools, and helped with the running and planning of the Craven district Rugby games, which leads to a National Competition of Primary schools. Alongside Coaching, Tom is a qualified Referee, in this Role he has gained knowledge and experience of the sport, which can be transferred in to his coaching sessions.
Alongside Tom’s rugby delivery he is also involved in a range of other sessions, whether that be running our Sports Leaders qualifications or other mixed sports sessions and events.
Years of Coaching – 6
Coaching Philosophy in a sentence – My Coaching Philosophy is to provide a positive rugby experience and create a challenging and adaptable environment by using a ‘Player Centred’ Approach.
Secret Skill – I can’t say, otherwise it wouldn’t be a secret.
Proudest Rugby Moment – Representing Yorkshire Under 20’s
Favourite Rugby Core Value and Why? – All the core values have a massive importance! But overall my favourite CORE value is Enjoyment. It’s great to see Enjoyment on and off the pitch, creating that great Rugby Spirit!
- 1st4Sport Level 1
- CPD Other
- Play it Safe
- Refereeing Children Rugby Union
- CPD play it safe
- CPD RFU ‘CARDS’
- RFU England Rugby Coaching Award (ERCA) Level 2
- RFU England Rugby Refereeing Award (ERRA) Level 2
- CPD Game Changers
- CPD Age Grade Game Changers
- CPD Scrum factory
- Emergency First Aid in Rugby Union
- England Rugby Mentoring Award
- RFU Headcase
- RFU Online Resource – Inside 7’s
- RFU Online Resource – Tackle Safe
- RFU Online Resource – Kids First Tag Rugby
- RFU Online Resource – Kids First Contact Rugby
- RFU Online Resource – Principles of Scrummaging
- RFU Online Resource – Game Changers masterclass : Breakdown
- Street Games Multi-skill activator
- CPD LGBT+ in Sport – Yorkshire Sport foundation
- Return to Rugby roadmap: stage D
- Sport England certificate of completion for The Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- UK Coaching – Coaching people with a visual impairment
- UK Coaching – Inspiring positive behaviour in sport
- The Open University – Active, Healthy lifestyles
- The Open University – Working with young people in sport and exercise
- Zero Suicide Alliance (ZSA) – Suicide Awareness training
- The Open University – Coaching others to coach
- The Open University – Exercise and Mental health
Valid to: 24/11/2020